This post may contain affiliate links or sponsored ads which means I may earn a commission for products purchased. Please read my disclaimer page for more info. https://www.hodgepodgehippie.com/disclaimer/
Some days, waking up in the morning and putting both feet on the floor is hard work. Other days, it’s convincing myself to find a way to take that first step to start the day…Face it. Life, at times, can just plain suck. (don’t tell my kids I used that word – it’s a no no in our house!) But, I’m a believer of the truth, and that is that. I’ve written about how adulting can be hard, and how I’ve underestimated parenting – all true things. BUT, sometimes, there are days, where I just want to not “do” anything. (well, except drink coffee ,of course) On the flip side, I KNOW that life is a gift, our greatest adventure..and I’ll be darned if I’m going to waste it. So, I’ve become my own mental coach – a quiet cheerleader if you will, on a daily basis where I tell myself these 5 things each and every morning as I drag myself out of bed.
- It’s a new day, a new start. Every day, we get to start over and write a new page in our book. I don’t know about you, but I can’t stand to read the same book over and over and over. Ugh, it’s draining thinking about it…so, why in the world would I want to keep living the same day over and over and over? I don’t. I like to live on the edge a little here and there! Mismatched sock day? Yahoo! Having a piece of old Halloween candy for breakfast? Sure, there has to be some sort of nutrients in there right? Shake things up…be a little crazy.
- I’m leading by example. Our lives are blessed with two little spunky girls who see us, hear us and sponge and soak up EVERYTHING involving us. So, if I can’t function at a decent speed, how will they be able to??? or even understand how to?
- I’ve been granted another day to leave my mark on this world. How will I be remembered when I’m no longer here? Well….I hope I’m remembered as someone who is a good friend/mom/wife and kind. What I think most will remember? I’m quirky, against the grain, tall with long arms to reach top-shelf items, prefer old stale popcorn over fresh popped, eat pickles by the gallons, belly laughing, forgetful….but, at the end of the day, has a huge heart and passion for life. <3
- Be kind. Truth? I’m a monster in the morning with a cup of coffee. I know, I know…I’m ashamed to admit it. I literally feel myself relax as the cup of joe hits my lips. Seriously. I just love it. Everything about it. But without out? Eek.
- Do your best. Not every day will be a slam dunk. Not every day will be perfect. Heck, I realized that I spent 2/3 of my day yesterday with my fly down…yup. Life happens, but I will ALWAYS keep trying, always do my best.
Related Post: How to Discover YOU in Life
I dig deep to find my motivation. Some days are easier than others. Sometimes, my motivation is a cup of joe…while others it’s something a little more exciting. 😉 Regardless, I live my life the best I can and know how. I’ve got a pretty good solid 33 year track record, so I have to be doing something right, eh?
How do you find motivation in the AM? Do you pep talk yourself of just forge through the day?