This post may contain affiliate links or sponsored ads which means I may earn a commission for products purchased. Please read my disclaimer page for more info. https://www.hodgepodgehippie.com/disclaimer/
I’m nearing 34…almost halfway to 40, but still closer the 30. Whew. I still feel young, but am starting to realize that I’m feeling some of the “growing” pains that my elders talk about all the time. The popping knees, the eyesight issues….they are all present in my life. Each morning, I feel as though I’ve been sleeping on a rock because of how sore my joints and body is. Ugh, I’m not ready to grow up. I’ve failed at preparing myself for this phase in life.
I began thinking about how old I truly am when I was trying to explain something to my daughters, and they had no idea what I was even talking about. How is it possible that they had no idea what a CD Disc player was? Well, maybe because they were born after it was invented. WAY after.
Once I realized all the things that they had no idea what they were, I started wondering about age and my life. What items am I older than? Well, there are a ton, but here at 5 that shocked me!
5 Items that I’m Older Than?
- Facebook. I knew it hadn’t been around for forever, but it sure feels like it. Facebook is only 14 years old. A mere pup. Yet, it has chronicled what feels like the time span of my entire life. Interesting.
- I’m older than text messaging. Seriously? I can’t even remember how I communicated with people before I was able to text them. Smoke signals? Physically walking to their house?
- DVD’s. I’m older than DVD’s….let that sink in. That hurts.
- Google. How can this be? My motto in life is “Google it.” You mean that I’ve been taking advice from something that is younger than me for the past decade? Amazing.
- DNA fingerprinting. Well, actually we are the same age on this one but still mind-boggling to think that this phenomenon of science is only a mere 33 years old. So new in its discovery while me at the same age is half-way through with my own discovery.
Related Post: A Day in the Life of a Blogger
Some days, I think I’m having an early mid-life crisis in life. I know that life is good, and I know that my life is VERY good. I don’t want or need for anything, and I couldn’t be more thankful for that. BUT…when I think about all the things in the world that I feel like have been around for forever and then it turns out I’m older than them, it blows my mind. Seriously, I’m older than Google?? I can’t get over that. Of course, I’m trusting Google with those dates because they are the ones that fed me that information. Touche, Google…touche.
Are there things in your life that you can’t believe you are older than? Spill the beans. I divulged my list, now it’s your turn!